The village of Obertraun is situated 80km from Salzburg on the shores of Hallstattersee Lake. This is a fabulous drive, passing both the Fuschlsee and Wolfgangsee lakes along the way. The journey takes approximately 1 hour 30 minutes
Obertraun is also situated on the regional railway network and so is accessible from Salzburg, Vienna and Graz.
We will be happy to assist you plan your journey.
- 1 hour 30 minutes from Salzburg by car.
- 5-minute walk to the Obertraun Train Station.
- Local shop 20 metres.
- Tourist Information office 30 metres.
- Local restaurants all within 10 minutes walking distance.
- 10-minute walk to the shore of Lake Hallstatt.
- Village of Hallstatt 5km.
- Ferry Station to Hallstatt 10 minute walk.
- Dachstein Cable Car to the Ice Cave and 5 Fingers viewing platform 2km.
- 2 minute drive to Krippenstein skiing area.
- 20 minute drive to Dachstein West Ski Area.
- Ski hire 500 metres.
- Ski bus stop 500 metres